Delicious and NutritiousNama Shoyu is known as Golden Tamari because of its beautiful honey color. Its fruity aroma and slightly sweet salty-yet-delicate flavor make it a great dipping and finishing sauce. Hand crafted in Aichi, Japan with locally grown ingredients and natural mineral water.Ohsawa Nama Shoyu is fermented, or cultured, in the traditional way, in wooden barrels under the sun. The label boasts "living enzymes and beneficial organisms". Its mouthwatering umami taste brings out the best in food without darkening its color. Enjoy it on sushi, tofu, seafood, vegetables, even on fruit.Nama Shoyu is a raw (nama), unpasteurized Japanese-style soy sauce (shoyu) popular amongst those following a raw and vegan food diet. Though nama shoyu is actually heated well above the usually raw-allowed 115°F, it is still used by many raw foodists because it maintains the most beneficial living enzymes.Nutrition ContentEach serving (1 tsp) of Ohsawa Nama Shoyu contains:5 calories322 milligrams of sodium1 gram carbohydrateHow to Use Ohsawa Nama Shoyu When Preparing Raw Vegan MealsOhsawa Nama Shoyu can be used in the same way that you would use soy sauce. The possibilities are nearly endless! Here are a few suggestions:MarinadesDipping sauce (for lettuce wraps or raw nori rolls)Raw soup stockSalad dressingsSaucesAs a general condimentIngredients: Organic whole soybeans, mountain spring water, Organic whole wheat, sea salt, and aspergillus oryzae (koji).
- PROMOTES EXCELLENT GUT-HEALTH - Double-brewed through at least two summers to maintain healthy enzyme and lactobacilli bacteria to aid your digestive health. Especially good for Macrobiotic & Pro-biotic diets.
- MADE WITH MOUNTAIN SPRING WATER - Kamiizumisui ("God Spring") water has been filtered through granite strata rock for 1,400 years and has 18% more enzyme activity than ordinary water with a pH balance close to ours.
- HAND-CRAFTED JUST FOR YOU - Aged naturally in 150-year old cedar kegs for unparalleled taste and the highest quality sauce. Un-pasteurized and traditional Japanese-style soy-free sauce. Never artificially aged.
- TRADITIONAL AND ORGANIC - The Yamaki Company uses organic agricultural methods and a 1,200-year old process of fermented food production, which promotes harmony between people and nature.
- BEST ALTERNATIVE TO SOY SAUCE - Enjoy it on sushi, tofu, seafood, vegetables, even on fruit. No alcohol or preservatives. Certified Organic and Kosher. Perfect for vegan, vegetarian, and raw food diets.